Hey Beauty Buddies…
I seem to be lusting after plum colours right now, which is no shock whatsoever considering that autumn is my favourite time of the year. After almost an hour perusing the shelves of my local Superdrug store I invested my hard earned pennies in a few new delicious little items that would suit my pale skin & fall wardrobe perfectly; and there’s nothing quite like a splash of sumptuous plums and playful purples this time of the year! Let’s check out the menu…
1) Nivea Rich Moisturisning Day Cream: I always apply a small amount of this cream before adding my foundation. I find it helps keep my skin feeling hydrated & my make-up last longer. The perfect primer in my opinion!
2) Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in Warm Ivory: Words cannot describe just how much I’m currently loving this foundation. Although it’s a full coverage matte formula it glides on with such ease, looks flawless, matches my skin perfectly and stay fresh looking throughout the entire day & night!
3) Collection Gorgeous Glow Blush Block: This is such a creamy blush that just seems to contain the perfect amount of glow and dewy looking shimmer to brighten up the apples of my cheeks. Hands down my favourite budget buy of the year… yes it’s THAT good.
4) L’Oreal Lumi Magique in Shade no. 2 Medium: I’m still currently in the testing stages of the Lumi Magique, but so far it hasn’t blown my socks off with the results… however it is a nice creamy formula & I am a fan of the brush applicator as opposed to the usual doe-foot. It does brighten up under my eyes, however for a fraction of the price the MUA dupe done a virtually identical job for a fraction of the price.
5) Sleek Face Form Contour Palette in Fair: Yet another new addition to my collection! When I initially tried this out I wasn’t entirely sure about the colour pay-off… it almost seemed to immediately evaporate into my skin without a hint of colour. Now that I’ve used it a few times I’m building up a much better relationship with it… shall keep you update on my final thoughts soon!
1) Soap & Glory Archery Pencil: The well established dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. This pencil is a super quick way of taming the brows; it gives a softly groomed finish that’s incredibly natural looking.
2) Seventeen Eye Eye in Funfair: This looks suspiciously like a mini blush pot in the picture rather than an eye-shadow. Unfortunately the camera isn’t picking up the gorgeous rose gold multi-tonal sheen, but I find it the perfect transition shade for blending softly into the crease.
3) Seventeen Eyes Trio in Enchanted Smoke: A trio of autumnal shades for the perfect blend of plum, soft goldy pink and shimmering olive green. Gorgeous.
4) Maxfactor Wild Shadow Pots in Vicious Purple: I adore this little single pot of purple goodness, it really lifts the lid by adding a layer of shimmering deep lilac… perfectly compliments rich plum tones.
5) MaxFactor False Lash Effect in Black: What a find… all thanks to the lovely Anne over at Doves & Roses for her recommendation – this gal really knows a thing or two about quality alternatives to high-end spending! I have literally fallen head over heels for this powerful lash lengthener. The rich black formula adds lashings of volume from root to tip and really does leave your lashes looking every bit as dramatic as falsies. Well worth the investment!
6) Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer in Light: I know, I know… it’s not exactly an eye product but I find this concealer exceptionally superb for tidying round my freshly sculpted brows for a clean shapely finish. Best applied with a small concealer brush & steady hand 😉
7) Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Liner: With its ultra fine brush this jet black liner requires super precise application so shaky hands beware! My absolute staple liner – nothing has came close to rivalling it’s staying power and sleek finish. A make-up must have for any winged liner lover.
1) Collection Work The Colour Lip Butter in Perfectly Plum: Just as the name suggests, this really is the perfect shade of plum for a pop of autumnal colour. Even the palest of skin can rock this sassy shade as it’s not too dark to drain the complexion. It’s super moisturising and makes the ideal balmy top coat to keep your lips feeling totally hydrated.
2) MUA Power Pout Acrylic in Potency: For those of you who love a deep damson coloured lip the ultra rich colour of this liquid style lippy is fierce. Incredible staying power I put a very light layer and blotted it heavily with a tissue before apply my balmy top coat of Collection lip butter (see above details) Beware ladies, this colour applied straight from the tube isn’t for the faint hearted!
So there you have it ladies… my soft plum look to kick start the autumn. What’s your favourite make-up shade of the season?
Don’t forget to stop by and say a quick hello 🙂
Catch me on: