Good morning lovelies…
Wishing you all a very merry 1st December, we’re officially on the count down for the man in the big red suit arriving! Yes, advent calendars are at the ready today as the excitement starts to bubble, I know it is in the Rees household – we even put our decorations up yesterday, and I have to say the living room looks suspiciously like a mini Santa’s grotto *woo hoo*
Anyways, that’s enough of the Christmas cheer *bah humbug*, now onto today’s post:
My hubby says he can always immediately tell when I’ve been on a mini treat-trip, even before he’s set eyes on the clatter of bags piled up in the car boot. No, he’s not a psychic, he just needs to glance at the back of my multicoloured hand which is a portrait of lipstick marks, foundation smudges and eye shadow smears… of course with glorious pay-day arriving last week it was only right I contributed to keeping the economy flourishing by indulging in a little ‘me spree’, hence returning home with yet another vibrantly coloured hand…
‘So what goodies did you get?’ I hear you hark! Well, seeing as I’ve been such a good girl this year I’m hoping Santa might leave a few little something’s below the tree, so instead of running riot in the aisles of Debenhams I kept it to my favourite pocket-friendly sanctuary: Superdrug. I have to say I was mightily impressed with nabbing this lot for under £25; take a peek for yourself…
1) First on my list was Garnier Micellar Water and seeing as it was on offer at around £3 a bottle I’d have been a fool not to nab it – it was also the last on the shelf so clearly a popular seller! I’ve been super surprised at the multitude of rave reviews I’ve been reading for something so affordable… just goes to show not everything fabulously famous need carry a hefty price tag ladies *yippee*
2) What girly shopping trip would be complete without a fizzy Flutter Bath Bomb to pop in one’s tub? This little cutie was on offer for £1, I simply couldn’t refuse… in fact I just might buy a few more to pop in some Christmas stockings!
3) I’m normally an orange citrus-scent kinda gal but when I sniffed this Dragonfruit & Vanilla Shower Cream I was utterly hooked *cue inappropriate aisle groaning* however, I must admit it has thee most gorgeous scent… fresh, fruity & subtly sweet without being too sickly. Really looking forward to lathering up with this yummy little bottle of goodness!
4) Okay, so this one isn’t a Superdrug buy, but Claire’s was right next door…. yada yada yada. Anyways, where have I been this past decade?! I do believe I’m the last remaining human to discover that Claire’s Accessories has a make-up range! So when I spotted this sparkly little palette I simply couldn’t resist bringing it home with me. My lids have been screaming out for a wash of festive glimmer, and this looks just the fella for the job… I sincerely hope it’s as good as it looks!
5) I’ve been using Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation for the last 2 years and I must admit it has never let me down or even caused my eye to wander towards another brand of something new. What’s even better is that since beefing up my skincare routine it’s only gone and impressed me even more with its staying power and smooth coverage!
6) Having previously spent a mere £6 on the MUA ‘Heaven & Earth’ palette, I’ve been blown away by the quality of product for such teeny investment. So considering it’s already a winner I decided to dip my toe a little further into the range to see if it really is as good as so many others claim it to be… the blusher, liquid liner and eye primer were all £1 each so it’s not going to plunge me into financial ruin if it doesn’t work out, however I’m keeping my fingers firmly crossed for great results going by the opinions of countless others!
Have you tried any of the above or had a recent ‘Me Spree’, if so what’s been your favourite purchase? As always, I love reading your fabulous feedback in the comments below so do let me know your thoughts or any recent goodies you’ve treated yourself too 🙂
*All pictures were taken using my Mini Photo Studio… wanna find out how to make you own? Just click here and get creative*