Tis the season… to stumble home at 1 am with blisters on your feet from dancing the night away, draped in tacky tinsel and wearing a giant pair of flashing antlers. Sound familiar? Oh yes, the festivities have indeed arrived which can only mean it’s time to don your sparkliest of outfits & unleash your inner diva for a night on the town.
So whether it’s the cheesy office Christmas bash or a night out celebrating the jolly hols with your closest gal pals, I’ve whipped up a nifty little run through of a few of my night-out essentials to ensure you haven’t missed a trick this party season…
1. What an eyecatcher… this stunning black & gold bodycon dress by Little Mistress has the best of both world. A simplistic LBD coupled with a glamorous gold appliqué and mesh neckline! Available up to size 26 from EVANS – £68.
2. When I spotted this sassy little clutch bag from Accessorize for £29 I knew it would have to go on my Christmas party attire menu. I’m in love with the coloured bands – undoubtedly a wardrobe staple that could compliment almost any party outfit, any season! I love it *swoooon*
3. Baby it’s cold outside… so get your sparkly New Look gold boot shoes on. Warm, sassy & full of festive cheer, at £24.99 these pocket friendly little beauties could be yours to dance the night away in this Christmas & New Year. Aren’t they amazing?
4. Considering the neckline is strikingly detailed I opted for these Champagne crystal drop earrings from Mikey London as an ever so elegant finishing touch. Better still they were retailing for £21 but are now reduced to mere £14 from Debenhams!!
5. Retailing at £14.99 this beautiful light gold paisley pashmina from Scarf Room is the perfect accessory for dressing up my black woollen winter jacket when braving the cold winter air. Isn’t it glorious? I’m in love!
Of course every night out on the town requires a sprinking of super-glam make-up! In Mondays post I recreated my favourite make-up menu of the season by opting for glitzy gold’s and a classic red lip courtesy of MAC’s iconic Ruby Woo. If you fancy checking it out for yourself just *click here* to visit the blog post or alternatively you can watch all the action by feasting your eyes upon my video tutorial by *clicking here*
This time of year restaurants are often alive with corporate parties & family get-togethers, so even though your favourite little haunt may seem like a pretty safe choice it’s best to call and pre-book well before your big night out… simply to avoid a two hour wait in a chilly winter queue just to get your bum on a seat.
As most work parties tend to book hotels and traditional restaurants for their Christmas dins, it could be a good idea to branch out and try Cantonese, Indian or Italian food as there’s less chance they’ll be hiving with half drunken CEO’s… and of course so you don’t end up tired of Turkey before Santa’s even had a chance to pack his sleigh! Alternatively, if you’re keeping a watchful eye on the purse strings why not opt for dinner at home or a cheeky take away delivered to your door before hitting the town; this is always a good option for those who take multiple hours to get ready! *whistles innocently*
If like me you’re a hopeless case for a hangover, my advice would be to line that tummy with dinner before popping your corks so there’s something to help soak up the potential effects. Without sounding like an ageing party-pooper; mixing a multitude of shots may seem like a barrel of fun, but keep in mind it’s more than likely going to end in a rather painful duvet-day the following morning. Who hasn’t seen the Sunday social media news-feeds filled with tales of woe and promises of never to so much as sniff a cork again?! My point exactly 😉
If you’re on the look out for something light and refreshing I’d personally suggest sticking to yummy little fruity spritzer style drinks. Just remember to enjoy it responsibly!
Organising a night out takes a fair amount of planning – especially if there’s quite a few of you in tow. As much as I love dancing the night away, sometimes it’s fun to do something a little different; and come the festive season there’s just so much choice on offer. A few unique and fun ideas could be to catch a theatre show or musical, better still why not embrace your inner kiddie and opt for a pantomime instead? They’re full of cheesy Christmas cheer to get the giggles going, leaving the serious chatter for cocktails and dinner at a swanky venue afterwards. Alternatively if you’re feeling brave enough to embrace the cold winter weather then why not opt for some late night shopping at a local Christmas market? It’s the perfect opportunity to pick up some really unique little gifts and stocking fillers!
It’s one of the busiest seasons of the year, so if transport is top of your priority list make sure you book your taxi’s well in advance to avoid being stranded at your door step. Same applies for eating out too! Do keep a tight hold of your hand bag or purse wherever you go… a bustling night on the town is a pick-pockets dream particularly if you’re planning some late night shopping or Christmas fairs with chums. Try to carry as little cash as possible, make sure your abode is well secured before leaving for the evening & keep any pricey items such as laptops etc tucked well out of sight! Of course last but not least have fun, enjoy your night out & don’t forget the reason for the season guys 😉
Do you have any up-coming fun nights out planned? What’s your top tip when organising an evening out on the town with friends? Or are you more of a cosy night-in kinda gal? As always I love reading your thoughts and feedback in the comments below…
Catch me on: